ABOUT DR. BASHIR A. AHMADI
Practicing Neurologist mainly interested in Headache and related disordres
Have EEG Lab at private clinic with qualified and trained technician for quality recording for evaluation of Epilepsy patients.
Known for providing low cost and rational consulting services to economically non affording patients. Practice positive discrimination.
POST HELD :
Ex. Prof and Head of Medicine : Kesar SAL Medical College and Research Institute, Ahmedabad
Ex. Associate Prof of Medicine : Smt. N.H.L. Municipal Medical College, Ahmedabad
- Written article on Dementia in Current Management in Neurological Disease.
- Published paper on ‘Strategy for Hospital Waste Management – A Case Study of Ahmedabad’ along with Dr. C. N. Ray; Mr. Arvind Kumar Singh
- Written number of articles for Gujarati Encyclopedia for Neurological words, along with Dr. Shilin Shukla.
- Written number of articles for local and national daily and magazines for public awareness on different health issues and neurological diseases.
- Compiled and edited souvenir in Indian Academy of Neurology 2012.
RESEARCH EXPERIENCE :
- Conducted number of phase III trials on epilepsy patient for sustained release molecules like lamotrigine OD, Oxcarbazepine OD , Levetiracetam and Injectable preparation like Levetiracetam, Lacosamide for evaluation of efficacy and safety.
- Conducted clinical trial on evaluation of response and safety of Entacapone in Parkinson’s disease.
- Conducted trial on patient with long standing spasticity to evaluate24 hours response with extended release baclofen.
- Completed trail of Interferon β 1a for Relapsing Remitting multiple sclerosis for evaluating as disease modifying agent in relation to efficacy and response.
- Primary examining neurologist for Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Parallel Group, Placebo-Controlled, Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and safety of long acting Interferon β – 1a in Subjects with Relapsing Remitting Multiple Sclerosis-ongoing.
- Thrombolysis in acute stroke with Reteplase during 4.5 Hr. window period-on going.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES :
- Indian Medical Association.
- Association of Physicians of India.
- Association of Physicians of Ahmedabad.
- Ahmedabad Medical Association.
- Epilepsy Society of India.
- Indian Stroke Association.
- Neurological Society of India.
- Indian Academy of Neurology.
- Member of Institutional Ethics Committee of Torrent Pharmaceuticals.
- Chairman – Sangini Institutional Ethics Committee.
- Advisory committee Member of Ahmedabad Neurology Association.
I HAVE SERVED THE FOLLOWING BODIES/COMMITTEES IN ONE CAPACITY OF THE OTHER :
- Chairman, Forum Against Female Feticide.
- Observer & External Examiner, CEPT, Ahmedabad.
- Conducted number of Undergraduate & Postgraduate Examinations at different Universities both in Gujarat and other states.
SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY :
As a socially responsible citizen I have been associated with a number of activities and organizations in formal as well as informal capacities. To list a few
- Founder Trustee, Gantar, a Trust that works for the unfortunate children, street children and those who discontinue schooling.
- Founder Trustee, Health Forum (Inspired by Medico Friend Circle) for developing medical related socioeconomic understanding amongst medical students and people education programme.
- Trustee, Peoples Training and Research Centre, organization is working mainly for improvement and rights for ideal working conditions of laborers to reduce occupational hazards. Most important work done is against siliconiosis
- Member of the Rotary Club of Ahmedabad Metro, Rotary District 3050
- Member, All Gujarat Election Watch Committee
- Having hobbies of outing and photography.
More than 10 students have completed their (MD Medicine) post graduation under my guidance, most of them are holding excellent position at present, to name the few:
Dr. Jaya Trivedi Associate Prof in Neurology at Dallas USA
Dr. Nirav Sanghvi Consultant Neurologist at Rajkot Wokard Hospital
Dr. Abhishek Kakru practicing Oncologist at Ahmedabad
Dr. Sagar Betai Pursing DM Neurology at Lokhnow